1.0 About Nha Trang
Nha Trang is a modern city centre, but small enough to have a cozy atmosphere. It has a boulevard full of cafes, restaurants, resorts and stalls. Enjoy incredible fresh fish, fruits or take a massage to relax. The sand beach is lovely and the sea is perfect for snorkeling and diving. Na Trang has everything to treat yourself.
The most popular attractions in Nha Trang are the Po Nagar Cham Towers, Thap Ba Hot Springs, mud baths, fisher fillages and the Alexandre Yersin museum. Another option is to take a boat trip to other islands around Nha Trang, where you can join some snorkeling as well. Nha Trang is very popular with Russian people, so don’t expect too much a Vietnamese culture.
How to get there?
- Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR) of Nha Trang is located about 30 kilometers south of the city. You can fly to Nha Trang from Da Nang, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh. International flights from China and Korea.
- taxi: from the airport to Nha Trang is about 350,000 VND. Try to bargain to 300,000 VND. Try not to drive on the meter, because that will cost more here.
- pick-up hotel: try to get a pick up from your hotel. They usually charge about 300,000 VND
- minibus: the minibus costs 65,000 VND. The minibus will drop you at the old airport and you can take from there on a taxi. This will cost less.
The train station is located closer to the centre. We recommend to buy a ticket a few days before you leave at you accommodation or at a travel agency.
- Ho Chi Minh City: about 8 hours, around 400,000 VND
- Hanoi: 1 day and 2 hours, around 1,000,000 VND
- Da Nang: about 9 hours, around 700,000 VND
- Hue: about 13,5 hours, around 450,000 VND
The open bus tour goes to Nha Trang and is easy to arrange. You can buy bus tickets at your accommodation or at a travel agency.
How long to stay?