1.0 About- Quy Nhon
The capital city of Binh Dinh Province and an attractive harbor town on a narrow strip of Vietnam. Quy Nhon is still a quiet place and not very touristic, which makes it the perfect location to escape the tourist areas. It has stunning beaches with shallow water, rocks and coastal roads with a beautiful view. Explore the environment with motorbikes, visit the surrounding islands, go snorkeling and enjoy some highlights!
Quy Nhon was an important place during the Vietnam War. It was used as an US military and naval base and as an place for intense battles. It also served as the ruling centre of Emperor Le Thanh Ton. Fishing is the most important income source and that makes it an ideal place for fish food lovers.
How to get there?
Phu Cat Airport (UIH) is located north of the city. It is only possible to take domestic flights to Quy Nhon. You can fly early in the morning from HCMC and 3 times a week from Hanoi. From the airport, you can take a taxi to the city for about 300,000 VND
The bus station is located in the south of the town.
There are enough busses going to Quy Nhon.
- Da Nang/Hoi An: around 6/7 hours, about 180,000 VND
- Nha Trang: around 5 hours, about 130,000 VND
- Da Lat: around 8 hours, about 210,000 VND
- Pleiku: around 3 hours, about 80,000 VND
- Hanoi: around 21 hours, about 600,000 VND
- HCMC: around 14 hours, about 250,000 VND
Dieu Tri train station is located around 10 kilometers west of Quy Nhon. Each train express stops at this station. Prices vary per train and seats.
- Hanoi: 22.5 hours, 1,200,000 VND
- Hue: 9.5 hours, 500,000 VND
- Da Lat: 4.5 hours, 200,000 VND
- Nha Trang: 4 hours, 340,000 VND
- HCMC: 12 hours, 700,000 VND
- Da Nang/Hoi An: 6 hours, 420,000 VND
How long to stay?